Welcome to Poisoned Youth! We are a member-driven Harry Potter roleplay that strives to create an environment rich in character development and community without a restricting plot or binding expectations. You are the main character of your story.
spring
still raining, but also... what's that? sun?
allergies are in full effect
7°C (45°F) to 13°C (55°F)
set in may, 2018

Add Reply
New Poll

Allaster Primrose, Played by: Elijah
Allaster Primrose
Graduate
Thirty-three
Half-Blood
13", Rosewood, Dragon Whiskers
Iverness, Scotland
He + Him
Elijah
PRONOUNS: Any
TIMEZONE: EST
RP RATING: R Rated Poster
WORD COUNT PREFERENCE: 250-500
Allaster Primrose
> 33 > He + Him > Adam Driver
personal
Full Name > Allaster Aurelius Primrose
Nickname > N/a
Pronouns > He + Him
Age > 33
Birthday > 03/17
Hometown > Iverness, Scotland
Wanted Ad? > N/a
family
Parents >
Aurelius Primrose & Murran Primrose
Sibling(s) >
N/a
Pet >
Bearded dragon named "Anzû", 12 years old & Barn owl named "Siris", 3 years old.
Relationships
Sexual Orientation > Bisexual
Relationship Status > Single
Current >
N/a

Previous >
Machara MacMagh
Magic
Wand > 13", Rosewood, Dragon Whisker, Rigid
Blood > Half-blood
House > Ravenclaw
Species > Wizard
Subject > Potions
History
Allaster's first memory is of the sun and his mother. She's standing in her garden, a breeze flapping through her sundress and folding through her shocks of bright copper hair. He remembers the garden gate is broken. An ancient stone fence overgrown with moss and ivy keeps the critters out, or kept the critters out, until the gate fell off it's hinges, and now lays haphazardly crooked in its slot. It just so happened that this particular day was one of the many days Murran evicted the gnomes from her summer vegetable garden. Allaster couldn't remember the gnomes, only his mother, plucking currants and gooseberries off her bushes, and himself, holding his shirt out like a sack, full of his berries. His hands and face were dyed red, berry pulp gathered in the corners of his mouth and underneath his fingernails.

Life at home was lazy and slow. Aurelius and Murran were the type that was constantly on vacation. Aurelius writing a book by sunset on the back porch, Murran baking plum cobbler, Allaster weeding the garden and touring the orchards until he couldn't see anymore. The first time he used magic was on an apple - perfectly striped yellow and red, and just out of reach. If only he could... The apple shook, and fell neatly into his palm. It was as perfect as he thought, tart and juicy, still warm from the Autumn sun.

When his Hogwarts letter arrived in the mail, it came as no surprise.

"He's a Primrose, of course he's a wizard."

~

"Primrose, Allaster."

The sorting hat sat upon Allaster's head for ages, silently listening to his racing thoughts. Which house will I be in? I value daring, nerve, and chivalry, hardwork, dedication, patience, loyalty, intelligence, wit, wisdom, and creativity. Will it be Gryffindor? Hufflepuff? Ravenclaw? After a few minutes debating with himself, he'd cancelled out Hufflepuff, and the hat screamed, "Ravenclaw!!"

~

Machara MacMagh was his best friend, a fellow Ravenclaw in his year. She was tiny when they were only 11, with messy, cropped flaxen hair, and a perpetually pink face; she remained that way, more or less. She grew slightly taller than him in their second year, and after that, Allaster shot up past her until he was a solid foot taller. They spent most of their time together in the library or next to the lake, scouring over their textbooks and doing their homework together.

In their sixth year, someone slipped Machara a love potion, and it was while she was in her throes of desire for some Slytherin prick called Otto Rosenburg that Allaster realized he'd fallen in love with his best friend. He brewed up the antidote for her, easy enough, as it was a love potion of his own creation that Otto had slipped to Machara. As he wiped the potion of the corner of her mouth, he vowed to never make another love potion again.

Allaster kissed Machara for the first time at the end of their seventh year, and two years later, they were married and she was pregnant.

They had ten happy years together and a beautiful child.

Allaster arrived home from a day of errands to find his house completely empty. All of his furniture, all of his artwork, all of his potion supplies, his child and all of their toys, the only thing left was his garden, the greenhouse, and a few pictures of his parents. His mother watched him from the picture frame, her brow furrowed in concern.

~

Allaster dabbled in his Potions his entire life, but after Machara left him, he was left with nothing, not even an understanding. Having to start anew, he appealed to the Headmaster of Hogwarts for their open Potioneer position, and got it. As an alum and a talented Potioneer, he was a good fit for the position. He's been the Potion's Master at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for 2 years.
Platonic
Allaster can be difficult to get to know on any basis - he just has so much trouble opening up to people, especially after what happened with Machara. He was never popular, and to this day, that hasn't really changed. He's very shy and not unfriendly, but he comes across as bristly and standoffish - a porcupine constantly being rubbed the wrong way. When in social settings, he has a tendency to stutter and blush, and almost never makes eye contact. People tend to assume he's rude rather than just socially anxious, and he probably prefers it that way. The only element he's truly comfortable in is teaching - and he's definitely a horrible Professor to approach for counsel, though he'd certainly try.

Overall, if you can get to know Allaster Primrose, he'd be a firm friend: true, loyal, and chivalrous, because he values these things. He longs for human companionship, but he's super skeptical of others motives and trustworthiness. His best friend is his mother, and you can probably can't replace her.
Antagonistic
People have a tendency to read Allaster wrong: he seems so like he thinks he's better than everyone else, turning his nose up at those he doesn't deem to be as intelligent or witty as he is, but it's just not the case. He's just intimidated by everyone. Not to say that he can't have antagonistic relationships - there are definitely people that Allaster can't stand to be around. He has a very high patience threshold, but has been known to lose his temper with his peers (never, EVER would he lose his temper with a student), especially when they ask stupid questions.

He's very misunderstood, so I imagine he'd have a lot of antagonistic relationships. He definitely doesn't like when people read him wrong, even though he knows it's kind of his fault. He has a tendency to make snap judgments, and it's very hard to budge his first impressions.
Romantic
Allaster is still in love with his estranged wife, even though he hasn't seen her in four years, but I definitely want him to get over her. It'll be hard for him, since everything seemed so perfect, and then one day, he just came home, and she was gone, along with all of their things (including his own personal belongings) and their child.

He'd fall for someone who was his friend first, and even though he's 33, he's only ever been with one person. He'd definitely be super hesitant to get back into that game.
Behind The Scenes
Alias Elijah
Pronouns> He + Him / She + Her / Xe + Xim
Age> 24
Timezone> EST
Contact> PM
Triggers >
Rape, self-harm
Other Characters >
None yet!
Allaster Primrose
Graduate
Thirty-three
Half-Blood
13", Rosewood, Dragon Whiskers
Iverness, Scotland
He + Him
Elijah
PRONOUNS: Any
RP RATING: R Rated Poster
WORD COUNT PREFERENCE: 250-500
Allaster loved teaching Potions, even the first years. Maybe even especially the first years. The foundation was just so important, to even begin building up their skills, they have to have a solid foundation. This was why he always started with a practical lesson. Sure, he could teach them the 12 uses of dragon’s blood for their first lesson, but actually making a potion in their first Potion’s class would be a better hook, make them look forward to future lessons, lure them in, make them want to learn.

“Welcome first years,” Allaster slid into the classroom, “I’m Professor Primrose, your Potions Master. Today we’ll be brewing a Cure for Boils, a potion used to… cure boils.”

He flipped his chalkboard around, where the instructions were numbered, and beckoned for the class to watch him prepare the potion. He dropped the snake fangs into his huge marble mortar and crushed them with the pestle.

“Start with six snake fangs. It’s important you make sure you grind the fangs down as finely as you can unless you want your potion to be chunky and ineffective -- just press the rounded end of the pestle down onto the fangs, and roll it against the mortar, like so....” He walked moved through his students, showing them just how finely their snake fangs should be crushed.

“Add four measures of the crushed snake fangs into your cauldron, heat them to 250C for 10 seconds, and now -- watch me -- wave your wand like so - “ He swished his wand, and the potion glowed a soft red, casting light over Allaster’s heavily shadowed face.

“Now we leave it to brew for a bit, and we’ll get you started on yours. Pair up! And remember, I don’t want to see any pieces of teeth floating around in your cauldrons.”

Allaster strode around the classroom, peering into his student’s mortars and cauldrons. It was difficult to mess this potion up: as long as you remembered to remove the cauldron from the heat before you added the porcupine quills, there was really no chance of the potion harming any of his students, and they hadn’t even gotten to that step yet.
Tany
Graduate
Twenty-Nine
Half-Blood
Spiral Heart Moon Rod
Never Never Land
She / Her
Tany
PRONOUNS: She / Her
RP RATING: NC-17 Rated Poster
WORD COUNT PREFERENCE: Any
Welcome to PY!
Congratulations and welcome to Poisoned Youth! We're super excited to have you and can't wait for you to get started! Be sure to first claim your playby, add yourself (or just your character if you're not new) to the member directory, and register for the roster!

Additionally, as a professor, you now have access to the Teacher's Lounge found at the bottom of the forum! Come join our class discussions to get started!

Tomas MacMagh
First Year
eleven
Half-Blood
8", Apple, Unicorn Hair
Inverness, Scotland
He / Him
Billie
TIMEZONE: JST / EST
WORD COUNT PREFERENCE: 500-750

Dad & Son
Soooo I can see these two having an okay relationship? Probably not super close, but it’s something?

Tom might get super dismissive if he’s always correcting his work over other students because dad moment, he’d be like “I will tell the Headmaster/Headmistress that you are treating me unfairly because I am your child.”

And then would equally be the same if something ever happened, come crying to Allaster with those big, semi-authentic tears like “I thought you were my dad please help me.”

:D

CLICK HERE TO REPLY TO MY SHIPPER!
Tomas MacMagh
First Year
eleven
Half-Blood
8", Apple, Unicorn Hair
Inverness, Scotland
He / Him
Billie
TIMEZONE: JST / EST
WORD COUNT PREFERENCE: 500-750
Dad & Son
I think at first, Tom would be amused at the jokes, but then find them quickly annoying, and would be like "Stop. Please." And then every time his dad asks something about hockey that's clearly not quite attentive - like if you can eat it - he'd just go "No. Let me get Mum to send me my hockey books." And then once they're there, would promptly give it to Allaster with this really really expectant look like "I expect u to read and understand because if I have to listen to you drone on about Potions you should listen to me drone on about hockey."

I doubt Tom will ever accept private lessons, mostly because he doesn't really like potions, but he's also not super bad at it. He'd just be like "Uh... sorry, I have... uh... hockeypractice" and then make some excuse to slip away. lmao.

Freyja Lambe
Graduate
Pure-Blood
18" Hawthorn, Peacock Feather
Knighton, Powys, Wales
She / Her
Tany
WORD COUNT PREFERENCE: Any
Allaster + Freyja
Allaster is precious, oh lord.

I almost feel like Freyja can sense when Allaster's nervous energy and anxious habits are taking hold and just instinctively knows how to calm him down with her own energy??? She's a pretty calm individual unless something requires her to fly off the handle lol. Especially if he's willing to listen to her prattle on about hand lines and tea leaves.

I feel like she'd happily return the favor and listen to him talk about potions, too. Frey would be very keen on the sort that force your hand, like love potions and veritaserum. I'm sure them challenging her sense of the world, fate, predictability, and all that nonsense, is quite intriguing to her.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Shadowplay Topsites RPG-D RPG Initiative Rockin Roleplay Shadowplay
sknned by vanessa of shine and caution